Terms and Conditions
and Pool Rules
By booking swimming lessons with Swim Boost For Kids Ltd, you accept these terms and conditions.
1. Data Protection
Swim Boost For Kids Ltd only collects data that is necessary to run safe and effective swimming lessons. Data is kept securely on an online database and an offline spreadsheet that is accessible by the Company Director. Limited necessary information is made available to teaching staff. Email addresses are saved on the Ewa Dzida Swim School Ltd date file and email account, which is our way of communicating with our swimmers. We do not sell any information and only pass the information on to external bodies where required to do so to meet our legal obligations and industry best practice
2. Initial Booking Procedure
Upon booking we require the following information: Guardian Name, Address, Mobile Number and Email Address. Swimmers Name, Date of Birth and any Medical Conditions that we need to be aware of. We ask for lesson time preferences and aim to achieve these, but it is not always possible. Lesson times will be confirmed before the start of term, via email. The teacher assesses swimmers during the first two weeks. On occasion, we may alter the class grouping to ensure lessons are tailored to achieve the best progress for the swimmer.
3. Re-Enrolment Procedure
Swimming with Swim Boost For Kids Ltd does not guarantee your space in subsequent terms. You must re-enrol when asked to do so via email and by the date stated. Failure to re-enrol on time may result in the swimmer losing their space. We follow the rule first come first served. Lesson times may change from term to term as lessons are re-scheduled to group children by their swimming ability.
Payments must be made prior to the start of the term. Please let us know if you would like to request a split payment – this must be agreed to by Swim Boost For Kids Ltd in advance. Payment details will be sent to you via email after your place is confirmed. Payments should be made by BACS, using the swimmers’ full name as the reference. Failure to pay on time may result in losing your space.
No refunds will be given once the term has started. If you cancel your place at least 10 days before the start of term begins we shall refund your money minus an administration fee of £10.00. If you cancel your place less than 10 days before the start of term or during the term no refund shall be forthcoming.
6. Lesson Credits
Lesson credits will be considered for medical reasons – should the swimmer be expected to miss four or more consecutive lessons due to a medical condition / treatment you must notify us with their expected length of absence and return date. The number of missed lessons will be credited to the swimmer’s account, minus one in respect of administration and the retaining of the lesson space. Lesson credits can be used by the named swimmer during future courses with Swim Boost For Kids Ltd.
7. Pool Closures and Cancellations
In the event of a pool closure or lesson cancellation (due to staff illness / pool closure etc.), our first course of action will be to run a ‘make-up’ lesson on our advertised “spare week”. On occasion, if there is no spare week due to a short school term, or multiple pool closures during the term, we will seek to schedule an alternative make-up session during a holiday time. If this is not possible, we will apply a lesson credit to your account to be used towards the cost of future courses.
8. A person showing signs and symptoms of Covid-19
Users should not enter the building if they are showing any currently published signs and symptoms of Covid-19. Please do not come to lessons if you have a positive Covid-19 test.
9. On The Swimming Pool Site
- Cars must be parked in the designated parking bays only – if there are no spaces, please park respectfully on the road in the surrounding area.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum – please respect the neighbours.
- No one is permitted on the school site when under the influence of alcohol or any other drugs.
10. Before / During / After lessons
- No photographs or videos may be taken within The School without PRIOR permission of the swimming teacher. We understand that on occasion a photograph may be wanted, so please ask, and we will direct you in taking a photograph of your child that adheres to safeguarding guidelines.
- Please ensure outside shoes are clean. Shoes are not allowed on the poolside and the changing rooms area. If you would like to wear shoe covers, please provide your own.
- No food and drink are allowed in the building.
- Talcum Powder is not permitted.
- Please keep noise to a minimum whilst in the Waiting Area.
- Pupils are never left unattended in the pool area.
- Parents should stay within the premises till leaving with their children after their lessons are finished.
11. CHANGING SHOES
Before anyone enters the changing rooms and/or swimming pool area please make sure you take off your shoes. You can bring your spare shoes such as flip flops to get change if you do not what to be barefoot. We want to make sure that the floors are kept clean for our swimmers and teachers. It also helps to keep swimming pool water clean.
12. CHANGING ROOMS USERS
1. Option: If the parent / carer wants to help their son/daughter to get change, they would have to take them to the changing room of the parent / carer gender. However, this is not ideal so we would suggest getting the child change in the locked toilet area of the parent / carer gender changing room. Adults are not permitted in opposite gender changing areas.
2. Option: Children get changed in their own gender changing room unaided by parent / carer (adult waits outside).
3. Option: Arrive beach ready then towel down, wrap, and go when finished, changing fully once home as we did for Covid restrictions.
13. SHOWER BEFORE THE LESSONS
Please make sure swimmers have a quick shower before their lessons. It helps to keep swimming pool water clean.
14. Additional information
- No running at any time. The floor will be wet most of the time.
- Pupils are never left unattended in the pool area. Parents should stay within the premises.
- A clear pathway must always be kept in the corridor.
- All long hair must be tied back or tucked into a swimming hat.
- No jewellery / earrings to be worn in the pool. All must be removed.
15. Disruptive / Unsafe Behaviour
Our teachers will issue warnings to any swimmer misbehaving. Swimmers who receive three warnings may have time out of the pool or be asked to leave the lesson. We ultimately reserve the right to remove from the course any swimmer whose behaviour is repeatedly disruptive or unsafe.
16. Disorderly Behavior
- Anyone who not follows the guides will be asked to leave the pool and the premises, as they are a risk to themselves and other users.
- If necessary, help from the authorities will be summoned.
We reserve the right to remove from the lessons any swimmer and/or their accompanying adult that do not comply with these rules.
17. NO CHATTING ON THE POOLSIDE
For your children’s comfort and for the benefits of taking swimming lessons, please make sure that there is no chatting and no phone calls on the poolside during the lessons. The pool area is very echoey and we try to keep the volume down in order to help children hear their teachers and to focus on swimming so they improve their swimming skills.
If you would like to talk to other parents or to make a phone call, please go to the main waiting area, which is behind the glass door. There chairs are provided for parents to sit on while waiting for the end of lessons. Pupils should never be left unattended in the pool area. Parents should stay within the premises during the lesson.
18. Complaints or Concerns
If you have any complaints, concerns or notice something we could improve, please contact Ewa Potopianek via this contact form.