1. Data Protection
Swim Boost only collects data that is necessary to run safe and effective swimming lessons. Data is kept securely on an online database and an offline spreadsheet that is accessible by the Company Director. Limited necessary information is made available to teaching staff. Email addresses are saved on the Swim Boost For Kids Ltd date file and email account, which is our way of communicating with our swimmers.
Swim Boost is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We process personal client data to facilitate the booking of our swimming lessons and other services. We do not sell any information and only pass the information on to external bodies where required to do so to meet our legal obligations and industry best practice guidelines.
We do not hold your data any longer than is necessary to provide you with our services or to comply with applicable law.
2. Our website & cookies
Swim Boost uses ‘cookies’. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive, including your IP address. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
By clicking on the “I accept” button you are consenting to us using cookies during your visit to our site.
You may at any stage refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
3. Information we may collect from you
Children swimming lessons:
1. Location you are interested in:
2. Parent / guardian name:
3. Mobile number:
4. Family address:
5. Child’s full name:
6. Child’s date of birth:
7. Any medical conditions that we need to know about:
8. Days you can have your lesson:
9. The time you can start your lessons:
10. The time you have to finish your lessons at the latest – your child has to leave the pool:
11. In a few sentences, please let us know what your child can and cannot do in the water. Is your child confident and happy putting face under the water? What stroke can your child swim independently (no help, no floats)? Can your child swim on the front and back? What distance can your child can swim independently: up to 3m, 10m, or more?
Upon booking for other service, we require similar information. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website: www.swimboost.uk
4. Our mailing list
Our mailing lists are stored via secure third-party cloud email clients whose privacy policies are available upon request. Data stored in these applications contains the following information only:
– first name
– last name
– email address
– phone number (optional)
5. How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
– enrolments for swimming lessons and other services we provide
– provide and operate our website
– maintain and improve our website
– analyze how you use our website
– develop new products, services, features, and functionality
– find and prevent fraud
– send you emails and communicate with you
– for marketing and promotional purposes
6. Our lawful basis for processing your data
When you contact us via email or social media, we may ask permission to store your details in our booking system and mailing lists.
For existing customers who are attending classes, we store, retain and use your data in order to provide the services agreed in your contract with us.
For new customers, we will require a positive opt in before we can send you communications such as newsletters.
For lapsed customers, we may from time to time, send you communications about our products and services which we believe you have a legitimate interest in receiving. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
7. In accordance with the GDPR you have the following rights:
– to be provided with access to your personal data held by us;
– to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
– to object to the collection of your data and request that we cease processing your data;
– to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data while we investigate your concerns with this information;
– to object to solely automated processing;
– to request that your data be transferred to a third party (data portability).
Any request will be subject to an identity check and the first request will be free of charge. Any further request will be charge £20 / request in order to cover the administrative cost of providing the information.
This policy together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We will not share your information with any third party unless required to do so by legal requirement.